Thursday, April 3, 2014

Redrum, and more

Today's nails are Dollish Redrum, which was a Halloween polish from last year. You would think from the name that it would be blood-colored, like Blood of the Mountain turned out to be, but it really isn't. I guess maybe that was the idea? but if so her heart wasn't quite in it, and it's sort of a rusty rose-color. I really like it. (When I was poking around for a link for it, I saw that somebody called it a "garnet holo" but I really don't think that's accurate - at least, it's not at all the color that *I* think of as garnet. Your mileage may of course vary.)

I didn't put any topcoat on top of Redrum because I was running late the other day, and so it's chipped a bit now - but it lasted a couple of days even without it, it did better than I would have thought. Unless I change my mind, what I'm putting on next is a S-OPI I've never worn - I Don't Bite, which is a purple. I was trying to figure out how long ago it was that I bought these; I want to say it's close to a year. (Aha, found it, it was August, so not a year yet but a while ago just the same.)

I forget whether I mentioned this before, but I've been working on "pages" which are the ones which show up in links in the header - it took me a long time to figure out how to do this because I didn't know what they were called! I made one that's sort of an index by color (which is an update on an entry I did a couple of months ago with the same information), with the nail wheels and swatches and so forth, and then I started a list of indie polish brands and a list of more mainstream polishes. Those are really big tasks, though, so we'll see how completist I get about it. I have been adding pretty regularly to them, though. I may add a list of online sellers since that seems to go with these. (I have what's likely to be a long slow weekend coming up at work, maybe I'll work on that then!)

No comments:

Post a Comment