Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Kaufda

I know I've talked about Zoya Kaufda recently, but apparently it's never gotten a post by itself so I'm rectifying that today.
Zoya described it this way: "Shiny, warm molten copper with rich orange-red undertones and golden frost. A fitting shade to match the changing fall leaves." I say described and not describes because this is a discontinued shade. Which is a shame, because it's a really nice polish that mostly got ignored. Zoya has so many polishes that they just can't all be famous, I guess. I think I picked this out because I wanted something coppery without being too yellow, and this works well with my warm-colors-averse skintone. It really is a perfect autumn shade.

This was around for years, so even though it's discontinued, I imagine it's findable if you decide you want it bad enough. I think it's so old it is just called a "Classic" - which, near as I can tell, means it pre-dates Zoya's 12-a-season release schedule that they have been doing for the last 10 years or so. For that matter, it's Zoya #195, which I think means there's only a handful of polishes still in production that are older than that. The new polishes that are coming out are in the 900s, I just checked.


It just occurred to me that I haven't bought any Zoyas since the Earth Day sale, I'm pretty sure. Nothing has grabbed me. It's not like I don't have a ton of Zoyas already so I don't know why I feel bad that I haven't bought more. (I did have about 80 Zoyas but I gave some away when I went to visit my relatives earlier this month so I'm probably back down to the low 70s.) (Wonder what they're doing for Black Friday?)

No comments:

Post a Comment