Saturday, November 11, 2017

What color is this? Peru-B-Ruby

This is OPI Peru-B-Ruby. If you look it up, as I did, you will find that this is not the color it's supposed to be. Apparently mine has darkened. A lot.
Normally, it's a dupe for Chanel Tentation - it's pink, or at least fuchsia - it's one of those colors that often reads as being right on the line between red and pink. (If you scroll on down at that link, there's a comparison swatch.) But somewhere along the line, this bottle turned seriously darker. It's actually really pretty the way it is, but it's absolutely not what Peru-B-Ruby is supposed to look like.

Usually when I label something "what color is this?" it's because I can't decide, or it's in between - but this one is just weird. (I don't have kids, or a husband who is prone to practical jokes, or I'd think somebody switched the labels around on me!)

Added: Here it is a year and a half ago - I think it's darkened there but it's not as dark as it is now.


No comments:

Post a Comment