Thursday, June 14, 2018

Finley & other Zoya scattered holos

I don't think I've showed the swatch picture of Zoya Finley, which I got back in the Earth Day promo:
A pretty dark-ish purple. It's from the same collection that Merida is from, the Urban Grunge collection, which I think was fall '16.

And that got me thinking about Zoya's scattered holos - I don't buy them automatically, but I have several of them now. I'm really partial to a couple of them, and others I can take or leave, it's odd. Often I'm not sure if I like them a lot til I wear them. (I'll report back on Finley when I remember to wear it.)

Dream (probably my favorite):
On the nail this reads more indigo than I expected. I like it so much because it's not just a straight royal blue.

Aurora:
This was the one that got me trying out more of the other ones. (I bought Blaze early on and wasn't too crazy about it. I believe that Aurora, Blaze, and Storm were the original three, but Blaze was less holo-packed, which is probably why I liked it less. I didn't get around to buying Aurora until later. And I bought what was said to be a dead dupe of Storm pretty early on - L.A. Girl Black Illusion, from the 3D Effects collection - so I never bothered to go back and get Storm.)

And then there's Merida:
For some reason, I never loved Merida as much as I expected to. It looks great in the bottle but it just didn't grab me on my nails, I don't know why. As I mentioned above, it's also from Urban Grunge - so it came out just under two years ago. I bought this and Dream along with a couple more polishes when this was still a pretty new polish, in the Black Friday sale in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment