Saturday, June 23, 2018

Black Metal Dahlia, Vogue

I really love dark reds, although honestly I have to say I don't wear them all that often. This is OCC Black Metal Dahlia:
This is a dark red metallic - it looks slightly plum-leaning here, although I don't remember noticing that before. I actually wore this recently, but I don't seem to have a picture.

Added: here's an old BMD manicure from 2015

I've shown this one before, but I have a new(ish) picture, so I may as well show it anyway - here is SquareHue Vogue, from the 1990s collection:
This was in my top 4 and later top 5 SquareHue polishes, and also in my yearly favorites in 2016. It's a pearlescent dark red, and obviously I really love it. I was obsessed a few years ago with the idea of a "blackened red" and I think that's exactly what both of these are.

No comments:

Post a Comment