Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Topic Tuesday: nail care

Today's topic for #topictues is favorite nail-care items - I'm including base-coat and top-coat here although I'm not sure that's what the question really meant. I'll talk about other things as well.

I don't really have one "holy grail" item for any of this that I use exclusively. I have favorites but I switch around, mostly, especially on base- and top-coats. I have a varied collection of strengthening potions and stuff like that, but honestly, mostly I don't remember to wear those.

Here's a collection of my "favorite things" as far as nail-care:
Starting from the left: Badger Cuticle Care (aka "Badger Balm" - comes in a tin); Paint Box Polish cuticle oil (this is a citrus scent, I think, and it comes in a roll-on bottle); then Cuccio's regular base-coat (which I had never used before but like fine); then Instant Artificials, which can be used as a base-coat if you wish, or you can put your regular base-coat on top of it. Then we have NailsInc 45-second top-coat, which is one I've liked a lot, and Pretty Serious' matte one. I go back & forth but I usually decide something needs matte top-coat about once a week. (I also stuck a "nail tee" down on the end because that's what I use for clean-up.)

(I was going to add additional pictures but it's already dawn and I think I'll just get this up now and worry about adding more later.)

Added: this seems to be turning into a series for me - expect a whole entry on base-coats tomorrow and other stuff to follow after that. (top-coats here, cuticle products & remover here).

No comments:

Post a Comment