Sunday, June 24, 2018

Boxycharm box, May

It's getting to be the end of June, so I guess it's kind of late to be showing the May Boxycharm box, but anyway, here it is. This one has some really nice items in it, although I will tell you now that I went ahead and unsubscribed. I might try it again later, though. It's $20 and the items are full-size and most of them retail for $20 or more, so if you get even one item you like you're getting your money's worth, really. And this is good stuff, so I think most people will find multiple winners per box!
I've been using these brushes, they're my favorite thing.

There's also this:
It's a sculpting palette but it also could be used as eyeshadow.

Here's the contents:
  1. Pur Sculptor Palette (four-color sculpting palette)
  2. CoverFX primer - 30ml (1 oz)
  3. Pretty Vulgar The Ink gel eyeliner in Black List - 6g
  4. Aesthetica - 3-piece eye trio + P12 face brush
  5. Beauty Creations liquid lip gloss in Kiss Me
I'll put Kathleen Lights' video about this at the bottom because I watched it and it influenced my opinion on all this, as far as what I'm keeping and what I'm giving away. In particular, I decided not to keep the CoverFX primer, because she said it's more of a pore-minimizing primer and that's not what I like, really. I'll give it away to somebody younger :)

So far I've kept the Pretty Vulgar eyeliner just because the container is totally adorable. I'm tempted to buy it in another color, though (I'm assuming it comes in other colors!) and give the black one away, since I don't really love black eyeliner on me. I know they sell Pretty Vulgar at Sephora so I may at least look and see. Answer, because I just checked: it also comes in brown and gray. (btw, I have heard some negative stuff about PV nail polish - I think it was that it applied badly, although I don't remember where I saw that - and it's expensive so I'm just trying not to look at it. I notice the nail polish is not on Sephora's website right now, so I guess that's why.)
Here's the eyeliner from an angle where you can see the full adorableness - and also the label on the lip gloss.
I feel like this color is a bit dark for me, but I may still change my mind. Also "matte lip gloss" is a total contradiction in terms, right? - matte means not shiny, gloss means shiny - so which is it? But I checked and it's totally matte. Which I guess is why I put it aside.

And here's Kathleen talking about - and demonstrating some of the contents of - this box:



No comments:

Post a Comment