Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My stash, part 1 - Fall Colors

I mentioned in the last entry that I had a box of polishes I needed to reorganize, and I've gotten as far as dumping it out and separating it by color. Then I got ambitious, and pulled out all (well, most) of the rest of my polishes and sorted them also. And then once I'd done that, I decided I needed pictures. So here is the aforementioned box, with the "fall colors" pile in it - oranges, browns, and burgundies. I don't have a lot of oranges, in particular, and not that many browns. I've already found a couple more things since I took this that I think ought to be in this picture - I think Zoya Carly is more or less a burgundy (Zoya calls it a "red-toned purple") and also Sinful Colors Winterberry is sort of a purplish brown, and if I was obsessive enough to go back and retake the picture, I would add those, because I think they read more in this category than anything else. But I'm not.

So what we have here is:
(top row)
  • Kaufda (Zoya)
  • Crushed (Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear)
  • Retro Red (Orly)
  • Forbidden Fudge (Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle)
  • Pumpkin Spice (Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear)
  • Unnamed coppery glitter (Color Theory)
  • Funky Monkey (Orchid)
  • It's Genius (Essie)
  • Chic Peek (Ulta Salon Formula)
(bottom row)
  • Unnamed orange creme (Color Theory)
  • Times Square Tangerine (NYC)
  • R.I.P. (Orly)
  • Flagstone Rush (Orly)
  • Decades of Shades (OPI)
  • Rage (Orly)
  • Zoya Jem
  • Voodoo (Fright Night Claw Polish)
(If there are a couple I would put in, as I said above, there might be at least one I would take out of this category, on further reflection. Voodoo is really more of a dark red than a real burgundy. And Rage is iffy, although I guess it's a very light brown as much as it is anything.)

Note that I really have NO nude/tans whatsoever in my collection (unless you count Rage). And really, when it comes down to it, I don't have a huge collection of nail polish overall, compared to a lot of people. But I have more than I ever get around to wearing, so to my mind, that means I have enough, and I really try to limit what I buy because of that.

By the way, this is the uncropped version of that picture:
...in which you can see the Sterilite shoebox in question, and also the quilt it's sitting on, which is one of my mom's. Completely full, this box holds maybe 40 polishes, all nicely standing up, which is probably something less than half of my collection. I know I had around 100 polishes last year when I did a list, and in the meantime I've bought more and given some away and it's probably sitting at something over 100, but not a whole lot more, at a guess.

ADDED: I realized on re-reading this that I had repeated myself on the subject of orange polishes and how I didn't have many of them, and when I fixed that, I deleted the part that Karen is referring to in the comments, which just said that my VERY favorite orange polish is Creepy Pumpkin, which is one of those Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers polishes, and that I couldn't find another bottle of it last year when mine ran out!

3 comments:

  1. Ran out of Creepy Pumpkin? You must like it. :) With any luck they'll re-release in fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange jelly! How can you not like that? I love anything you can layer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also those tombstone bottles are pretty small, I think.

    ReplyDelete