Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Stash, part 7 - Blues and Blue-greens

I was right that all the blues and greens weren't going to fit into one picture (that is, not if limited to what will fit into the bottom of the Sterilite bin that I've been using for all the rest of the pictures) so here are the blues and blue-greens, and the last installment (greens) will be smaller. But there will be one more after this.

Top row:
  • Henley Regatta (Butter London)
  • Maisie (Zoya Fleck Effect)
  • Zuza (Zoya) (that's the one that's trying to slide down into the bottom row)
  • Tallulah (Zoya)
  • Mesmerize (Essie)
  • unnamed dark-blue (Color Theory set)
  • Midnight Cami (Essie)
Bottom row:
  • Nail Junkie (Sinful Colors)
  • Teal of Fortune (Wet n Wild Fast Dry)
  • Blue It (SH Xtreme Wear)
  • Blackout (Revlon)
  • Pacific Blue (SH Xtreme Wear)
  • Shy (old-formula Hard Candy)
  • Sweet Peacock (Orly foil)
  • Black and Blue (SH Complete Salon Manicure)
  • Indigo (Zoya)
For a second time, I've thrown out a bottle as I was making this listing - Tallulah. If you look, you can see what appears to be a stripe on the bottle, which is where you can see right through to what's underneath because the polish never moved when I turned it on its side. I must not have made sure it was closed properly, at some point. (Actually, Henley Regatta had a bit of the same problem, but it seemed to still be in useable condition when I tried to shake it up, and Tallulah did not.) I'm not crying over Tallulah too much because I've never worn it much, although it is a beautiful color and I recommend it, if you like bright blues. I don't seem to be very comfortable putting very bright blues OR greens on my nails, except for special occasions. More muted versions, yes; blue-greens, yes; but not the super-bright ones. It's my one remaining bit of color stodginess, where my nails are concerned. (There are other colors I don't wear, like yellow, and most pastels, but that's because I don't think they look good on me, not because I'm uncomfortable wearing them. Which is a different thing entirely, to my mind.) (Also, Essie Mesmerize appears to be awfully close to the same color, anyway, and I'm not sure I've ever even worn that one but once!)

I had almost forgotten about all these old Hard Candy bottles - I got on a kick of buying them back when I was still at my old job, meaning these are probably around five years old. Trailer Trash is the only one I've used a whole lot. I tend to forget about the rest of the minis, and the pastels are just not me. (Trailer Trash is a classic, though - so is Scam, which I talked about back with the pinks. They had some great colors back then. I never have bought any since they started selling it at Wal-Mart but I've looked to see if they have the old colors and they don't seem to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment