Sunday, April 7, 2013

Chloe and Chirality

I decided not to try to make Orbit last another day, since it was looking pretty ragged, and took it off last night. I have to give it extra props for coming off quite cleanly, especially considering the glitter and all those bazillion coats. I didn't even bother with the finger cots, since it came off so easily without them.

The new mani is an oldie but a goodie, Chloe over Carly. CSM basecoat, 2 coats of Carly, 2 coats of Chloe. Carly is sort of burgundy-ish on its own, and Chloe just gives it pink flash - sort of raspberry(ish), at least in the light where I am now. They go well together. (My barista liked it!)
(There are some weirdnesses with the light here that had me checking my hands to make sure they didn't really look quite like that. My fingertips are not pink like they appear there, although my cleanup job is admittedly pretty nonexistent. Plus I went, "Surely I don't have tipwear already?" and in fact I don't. Apparently what appears to be tiny chips is just the light as well. That bump on my middle finger from where my pen used to rub against it in grade school is unfortunately quite real.)

Speaking of Chloe: I was reading back over old posts, and I noticed the one where I said "Chloe over Roxy - I never thought of that!" - except if you keep reading back to January, I did in fact try Chloe over Roxy, and didn't like it. My memory is crap - but hey, that's why I keep a blog, right?

I was poking around in somebody's blogroll last night, and I have no idea where I ended up that pointed me to Chirality, but I fell in love with those holos, and since she has the mini-bottles, I ended up buying three. It's really the $9-12 price tags on most indie polishes that have put me off this long. So I'll be reporting back on that. I think it was Kale, Convergence, and Symbiote that I bought. It was the green (Kale, of course) that sucked me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment