Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Stash: foil and foil-ish

The idea was that these are the full-on chrome-like foils, although I'm not sure all of these quite make that ideal. As you can see, I don't have too many of these that I could identify.

Across the top:
  • Miss Universe (Essence Colour & Go) - teal microglitter in a blackened teal base. It's pretty sheer so putting something under it might be a good idea.
  • I Don't Bite (Sephora by OPI) - like the one above, this is sheer. Polishaholic calls it frosty but it felt more like a foil to me, I dunno. Anyway, it's a light purple (lilac?) microglitter. The color is pretty but it's hard to get it to behave, as I recall. It does behave like a frost in that way! (mani from 2014)
  • Sweet Peacock (Orly) - bright blue foil, and a near one-coater. Orly does good foils. I remember everybody raving about this when it came out a couple of years ago, and like a peacock, it's really pretty in a flashy way, but I've never worn it a whole lot.
Bottom row:
  • Tilted Halo (Ulta Professional) - gold foil, but not super-glitzy - has almost a champagne tint to it (and this is a fairly obscure polish so I'm a bit surprised I was able to find a swatch picture online!)
  • Thames (Butter London) - this is a sheer blue-green, but you can see it's considerably greener than Miss Universe. I've seen this called emerald green but really it's got a bit too much blue in it for that, as far as I'm concerned. And unlike Miss Universe, this one's not too hard to get opaque.
  • Lillibet's Jubilee (Butter London) - this was a special release for the Queen's Jubilee (because Lillibet was her nickname when she was little) and given her known love of pastels as an adult, the color seems pretty appropriate. This is sort of I Don't Bite's silvery cousin - I think "silver lilac" is the best way to describe it. It looks like full-on silver foil in some lights but it does have definite purple tones.
  • Knees Up (Butter London) - and this is BL's full-on red foil, although you can't tell it from the bottle picture above. I've seen it described as looking like red-foil wrapping paper, and that's a pretty good description. Bright red foil. (mani from 2013)
(I probably do have a couple more things floating around that could be called foil - Orly Rage comes to mind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment