Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Clinique gift

See, I told you I had a lot of new stuff, right? There's a lot of nail polish and some stuff that's skincare etc., and this is one of the non-polish days. This is a Clinique gift from back in March - I got it from Dillard's, but I saw the same bag available at another department store later. I heard a radio ad for it, I think, and I had been thinking I needed some good Clinique samples, because I carry moisturizer around in my bag* and the ones in the tubes are easier to carry around than the ones in little pots. (I had a Ren Calming Lotion sample that I've been using for ages and I was sad that it was almost gone.)

* I saw one of those articles on the Zoe Report or somewhere that was like "Skin Advice for Every Age" and for your 50s, the advice was "Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize," and I thought, oh honey, I've got that one down - which, frankly, is not usually what I am thinking when I read articles like that. But I'm pretty much obsessive about my moisturizing.

And anyway, then I heard the words "Marimekko bag" and I was, like, oh heck, I have to have that. I love Marimekko. It was the last weekend of the promotion at Dillards so I knew I couldn't just wait and go to the mall, so I went home and got on Dillards website and ordered it. And the bag is really adorable, and there is a mirror, too, with the same pattern:
Then (and I know this is slightly backwards) I had to figure out what to buy to get the gift-with-purchase. They were out of Turnaround Cream, which was my first thought, but I remembered that I've been wanting to try the pigment drops, so that's what I got:
I haven't gotten around to messing with this yet but if I have anything to say when I do, I'll get back to y'all on that subject. And here is the rest of the gift part next to it:
  1. 7th day scrub cream (rinse-off formula) - 1 oz
  2. dramatically different moisturizing lotion+ - 1 oz
  3. superprimer - universal face primer - 0.5 oz
  4. pop lip colour + primer - Plum Pop - 0.13 oz
  5. even better glow light reflecting makeup SPF 15 - Ivory - 0.41 fl oz
The lipstick is a pretty good color for me. I still haven't tried the primer or the foundation - or the scrub cream, which I'm looking forward to because that used to be something I'd buy pretty regularly but I haven't used in several years. I'm guessing the formula has been tinkered with since then, so it'll be interesting to see if I still like it like I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment