Sunday, May 13, 2018

Misc. purples: I Love You, Electrique, Who Are You Wearing?

These are ones that I reswatched for one reason or another even though there was a perfectly good swatch already so I didn't really need to. If I can remember just why I did that, I'll explain - otherwise I'll probably just point you to the previous swatch!

Sinful Colors I Love You:
The link above is the old bottle, and then I went & bought a backup bottle (see here) but this is the first time I've swatched the new bottle, I'm pretty sure. It looks pretty much the same as the old one, as it should.

Pahlish Electrique:
A medium purple crelly with some scattered copper bits. Since it's a crelly, if you let it sit long enough the whole bottom half of the bottle turns white, but I must have shook it up pretty thoroughly here. It never seems to make a whole lot of difference to the - surprisingly dark - color that ends up on the nail!

OPI Who Are You Wearing? (originally from the Holidays in Hollywood collection back in 2007)

Here is China Glaze Teen Spirit next to Who Are You Wearing, because these seemed somehow alike:
These both have blackened bases and both are some degree of blue-violet, but Teen Spirit is more blue, generally, and much more obviously shifty-shimmery. I suspect that the purple in Teen Spirit is mostly in the shimmer.

All of these are discontinued, I believe - which is not to say that they may not be obtainable somewhere or other. Who Are You Wearing, in particular, has been discontinued for a long time, I believe, so that one is probably difficult - and the Pahlish was a one-month LE several years ago, so ditto. The other two are probably more doable, seeing that I bought both of mine pretty recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment