Monday, May 21, 2018

April Boxy Charm box

I had never heard of Boxy Charm until lately - it's a box that costs twice as much as most boxes like Ipsy and Sephora Play (i.e., $20 instead of $10 or so), but it gives you full-size products instead of large samples. I believe they say that the products always have a retail value of at least $100 - although that doesn't always impress me too much because if it's not something I want then I figure it doesn't have much actual value to me. Still, I looked at what was included in some of the boxes and I decided to try it.

(I say that about the value but actually I have lots of female relatives who get grab-bags of my leftover items from various boxes as gifts, and who usually act like it's the most awesome thing in the world. So there is a value to people who I give gifts to even if it's not something I'll use myself!)






  1. Colourpop You Had Me At Hello palette - 12 shades, mostly neutrals (MSRP $18)
  2. Tarteist Pro Glow (liquid highlighter) in Sparkler - sort of a golden-tan color (.56 oz, MSRP $29)
  3. Dr Brandt Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner (pore refining mask) (1 oz, MSRP $47)
  4. Adresse Hi-Definition Liquid Lipstick - don't see a color name, it's sort of a clay/tan color (.23 oz, MSRP $24)
  5. The BrowGal Instatint tinted eyebrow gel - brown hair 02 (I've mislaid the card but I did a search and places seem to be selling it for $20-22 so I'm guessing the MSRP is probably $22)
                                       
These are lovely products and definitely a good value if you look at the MSRPs (total of about $140), but I don't really think I'll end up using much of this, so this will become future gifts, I'm sure. I did not actually cancel this yet, though - I'll have the May box coming later. (Added: I decided over the weekend that I was keeping the palette after all - I originally looked at it and went, "too neutral" but later looked at it again and decided the colors were more interesting than I thought!)

Here's Kathleen Lights talking about her April box, which seems to have been about the same as mine, except she got a different palette:

No comments:

Post a Comment