Sunday, May 20, 2018

Purple Monkey Dishwasher

This is Purple Monkey Dishwasher, from Pretty Serious:
I almost bought this several years ago because I thought the name was funny, and I ended up buying Poltergeist Puddle instead, which I adore so I definitely don't regret that. But I finally got around to buying this and it's pretty cool, too. Other than being purple they're not really that much alike. This one is blue-leaning purple microglitter.

From PS's website (it's still there, although it seems to be sold out now):
"Purple Monkey Dishwasher does not contain any actual monkeys (hey, we're vegan and cruelty free!), and it won't actually wash your dishes for you, but it is 100% purple! Sparkly purple!"

(Apparently the name is a nonsense phrase popularized by The Simpsons but predating it - at least that's what somebody on Urban Dictionary says. Somebody further down in the entry says it's sometimes used for microphone checks because nothing else sounds very much like it - which makes sense to me as a reason why it would previously have existed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment