Thursday, January 30, 2014

Purchases

I am not a terribly organized person - if you know me or you've been reading here very long you have probably figured that out! So it's not very surprising that there's overlap between these two pictures of recent purchases, because I mislaid the first picture for a while and couldn't remember what was in it when I took the second one. (I did think briefly of going back to redo the second one, but this time of year, the light changes fast and the sun was low enough by then that I didn't think I could get a decent picture.)

L-R:
  • ModLacquer Chupacabra mini
  • ModLacquer Goblin mini
  • Zoya Chita
  • Zoya Katherine
  • Zoya Chyna
  • Essence Beauty Beats As Long As You Love Me (the Bieber polish)
The ModLacquer minis are tiny - I think it's 4ml - but I wanted to try Chupacabra so badly that I didn't care. Goblin is very cool-looking too - a green/brown duochrome. Let's see, I've talked about Chita and Katherine more than once already, I believe, and the Bieber one, too. I haven't worn Chyna yet because I'm saving it for my pre-Valentine's Day spree of reds and pinks, which is probably about to commence at any moment. (In fact it may more or less have started already, but I'll get to that in a minute.) In anticipation of that, tomorrow's post is more than likely going to be about red and pinks. I did a nail-wheel for the occasion, even.

That was the stuff that's arrived at my house most recently. I can't actually say that I've purchased most recently, because as I think I've mentioned already, I bought some stuff from Holly's blog sale and it's still in transit. (I haven't seen today's mail so it may be here already.) Here's what was still in the bin that I've been throwing recent purchases into:
(starting with the one on the far left, then across the top)
  • China Glaze Agro
  • Orly FX Intergalactic Space
  • Orly Purple Poodle 
  • Rococo EmpoweRED
  • Rococo EmpoweRED toner
  • Rococo Stone Cold Karma
  • Pahlish Blood of the Mountain
  • Pahlish Pyrite
  • Zoya Chita and Katherine
  • Jin Soon Gossamer
I just realized that there is a Rococo missing - Darkest Emerald. It's untried as yet, so I'm sure I'll get a picture of it sooner or later. Also, if you're wondering about the EmpoweRED thing, check back tomorrow. It's on the new nail wheel. (You may notice that the red Zoya was also missing, but I realized that when I took the picture, since I knew I had three new Zoyas, just like everybody else in North America. I just didn't bother tracking it down.)

I'm wearing Blood of the Mountain, which is what I meant when I said I might have started with the reds and pinks already. It doesn't feel like a Valentine's color, but it is red, a very dark red - it really does look like blood, especially in low light. It lights up beautifully in the sunshine, though. (I had a couple of tries at capturing it in the light, but I never got even a halfway-decent picture. Go look at somebody else's, instead.)


No comments:

Post a Comment