Thursday, January 2, 2014

WM displays & more

Sinful Colors Christmas display in Wal-Mart, which was still up today:
(I tried to take a picture of that bit over on the bottom left, which was "gift suggestions" which were mostly pairs of polishes, but it came out so blurry that it's pretty much illegible.)

The display below didn't include polish, but it interested me because I don't recall ever seeing e.l.f. in a Wal-Mart before (or, for that matter, a tall free-standing display like this for much of anything at Wal-Mart):

I don't really shop at Wal-Mart much any more, so it could be that they have had e.l.f. for a while and I just didn't notice. Today I was in Galveston, and so I went in that store (Galveston only has the one) for the first time in a long time. Back in the day we lived right across the street from this location and so we shopped there a ton; for a long time we bought almost all our groceries there. They have changed the layout a good bit in the five years since we left, though.

I did come out of there with some nail polish, including Salon Perfect Kaboom! which is the Floam dupe. It's not really my color, but I wanted to try it out. I bought a couple more things also, but I'll post about that later, because I also have some CVS clearance purchases I haven't posted about yet.

Here is Yuletide Treasures over Slightly Unstable (a little dark but you can get the idea):
(speaking of which, I wandered by Accio Lacquer earlier and noticed that she has a discount code in her entry about the Women of Harry Potter polishes. So if you're craving your own Slightly Unstable polish, head over there first. Good until the end of January, it says.)

No comments:

Post a Comment