Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Shopping report

Recent purchases, from CVS, Serum No 5's sale, and Gnarly Gnails' blog sale:

  • Milani Gold Gleam
  • Color Show Clearly Spotted
  • Serum No 5 Poppy Fields mini
  • Serum No 5 Sunset Flare
  • Aldo Gold Digger
  • Oh My Gosh Bottle Green mini
  • Color Club Editorial mini
  • unlabeled Accessorize glitter mini
  • Essence Evil Queen
  • Kleancolor Sparkle Purple
The Milani was another one marked down at CVS. The same day, I had a coupon for $2 off anything Maybelline, and I figured, well, I feel sometimes like I'm the only woman in America who doesn't already have a b/w confetti polish - of course that's totally untrue, but I remedied it anyway using the coupon. The two Serums were on sale, although I think that sale has now ended. (And they're also my first from her, so I'm really looking forward to trying those. Sunset Flare might just be my next mani.) And then I think I mentioned once before here that I was nosing around Gnarly Gnails' blog sale, and I ended up with a number of things, mostly from brands I've never had before. I do have a couple of Essences and a couple of Color Clubs, but not any of these others. And it seemed like a good opportunity to try some new-to-me things out at bargain prices. Plus Color Club Editorial is supposed to be a Chanel Peridot dupe, so that seemed neat - and Evil Queen... well, look at it. Gigantic purple glitter, it's great. I just had to have that!

I'm wearing two of these polishes now, over a 3rd that I already had. It's Gold Digger as a glitter fade over Sinful Colors Rich in Heart, which is a lovely deep brown. And I have Gold Gleam on as an accent color, on one thumbnail. Both the golds are pretty, but the Milani is really unusual-looking. It has sort of a mixed-metals look, is how I'd describe it. I didn't get that feeling at all from the bottle.

I have more polish coming - the Zoya promo, and I bought some stuff from Space.NK's clearance sale - more brands I've never had: Jin Soon and Rococo. Also possibly some more indies. My husband has started looking pained every time he brings in the mail and there's another little neatly-wrapped package there. (However, I've had far more expensive hobbies - have you ever priced quilt fabric? so he doesn't complain too much.)

No comments:

Post a Comment