Wednesday, January 22, 2014

More belated HoliGlazes: a nail wheel

All China Glaze nail wheel, so HERE'S THE DISCLAIMER: these are the polishes that I got free from polish insomniac and China Glaze.
These are 2 coats unless otherwise stated. There were 13 polishes; I tried various things over black (mostly the glitters) and tried out a few other combinations to fill up the wheel.

(I don't recommend trying to read my writing on the wheel - there's a list under the jump)
  1. Santa Red My List
  2. Just Be-Claws
  3. Travel in Colour  (1 coat) over Just Be-Claws
  4. So Blue Without You
  5. Bells Will Be Blinging
  6. Bells Will Be Blinging over So Blue Without You
  7. Mingle With Kringle 
  8. Be Merry! Be Bright over Mingle With Kringle
  9. Be Merry! Be Bright
  10. This is Tree-Mendous - green microglitter (2 coats)
  11. Put a Bow On It - fuchsia microglitter
  12. All Wrapped Up - purple (or maybe blurple?) microglitter
  13. Your Present Required
  14. Your Present Required  (1 coat) over (unnamed) black
  15. Bells Will Be Blinging (1 coat) over black
  16. Be Merry! Be Bright  (1 coat) over black
  17. Travel in Colour  (1 coat) over black
  18. There's Snow One Like You (3 coats on tip)
  19. Travel in Colour  (1 coat) over Elfin' Around
  20. Elfin' Around - orange-leaning red shimmer
I did this wheel right after I got these polishes in mid-December, but then it was close to Christmas and things were chaotic and I kept losing it (the wheel, I mean) and finding it and losing it again. Somewhere in there I kept track of it long enough to take pictures, but actually as of now it's missing again. I'm not too worried about it; it'll turn up eventually.

I didn't take bottle pictures because I'd already taken several - here's one, and here's Jessika's thumbnails, too. But I did take some detail pictures of the wheel, so you can see better.

These are turned every which way, and I'm not going to worry about that - I'm assuming you can manage to read the numbers, even upside down!
So here we have the white texture at the very top, then we have Travel in Colour, the color-shifting topcoat, over Elfin' Around, and then 20 is Elfin' Around alone. Near as I can tell that result is normal - Travel in Colour seems to shift everything I've tried it on towards pink. Then we go back to #1, which is Santa Red My List (which, oddly, is very pink). 2 is the actual red in the bunch: Just Be-Claws. And 3 is Travel in Colour over Just Be-Claws, which is, again, shifted to pink. (I'm not wasting any more of my Travel in Colour mini on that combination, since it looks almost exactly like Santa Red My List!)

4:  So Blue Without You; 5: Bells Will Be Blinging; and 6 is those two layered (which I wore as a mani before Christmas; it was terribly festive!)

(this picture is blurry but I still think you can get the idea)
7, Mingle With Kringle, features under a glitter fade with another of my Christmas manis
8 is Be Merry! Be Bright over Mingle With Kringle and in 9 it's alone. I tried Be Merry! Be Bright over something purple the other day, I think it was, and I decided I was going to save it to wear again closer to Valentine's Day; that was the kind of vibe it gave off, for all it has that very Christmassy name.

This is the microglitters, which I love:
10 This is Tree-Mendous (2 coats); 11 Put a Bow On It (here it is with top coat, and you can see that it appears much more fuchsia than in the picture above); and 12 All Wrapped Up

13 is Your Present Required; then the next 4 are over a black base: 14 is Your Present Required, 15 Bells Will Be Blinging, 16 Be Merry! Be Bright (which I like)

This overlaps with the last one, but 17 is Travel in Colour  over black, and then we come around to where we started with the texture, There's Snow One Like You. That one is problematic, and I've been casting around for a way to wear it. It's very thick, and it has hex glitters in it, which makes it seem even thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment