Saturday, January 18, 2014

Today's nails - Chita

I did this late last night and it's not the neatest manicure I've ever done, but it's not awful. This is two coats of Zoya Chita, plus two coats of top coat. I don't really remember what I was thinking when I decided it needed top coat, but anyway, it still looks pretty and sparkly - and it's still got a bit of texture to it even after two rounds of Grand Central Station, so I think it's fair to characterize it as a top-coat-eater. But I like it. (I should say that now that I look at this picture, I think it looks a bit more greyed-out here than this polish really is. It's a pretty straightforward forest-green.)

My Zoya package came with some random person's name on it, and a city-name I didn't recognize (Zoya is in Cleveland, right? so I'm sure it's some suburb of Cleveland) and I was thinking, "Oh, god, did I order something else that I've forgotten?" But no, it was just the Zoya order. (The other two were Chita and Katherine. I'll have pictures of the latest acquisitions in the next few days, I'm sure. Which reminds me, I've been posting every day so far in 2014, but don't expect that to continue indefinitely. In fact, I may take tomorrow off, but I'll try to get something up for Monday,
at least.)

I found a picture of my hand on a piece of scrapbook paper, labeled "2010" - and I had green nails then, too, so I thought I would post a bit of that picture for you to see:
I'm pretty sure that's Emerald City - you saw it in the row of Xtreme Wear bottles a week or so ago, if you've been paying attention. (Maybe sometime in March I'll do a list of good St. Patrick's Day polishes, because that certainly is one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment