Monday, May 1, 2017

Rescue Beauty Lounge: stash & favorites

It turns out that I have exactly 10 RBL polishes:
L-R, top row is Locavore, Small Dim Summer Stars, Peachypolish, Pretty Gritty. Middle row: Meow Meow, Chinoise, Makeupwithdrawal, Purple Haze. Bottom row: Bubblegum Punk and Scrangie 2.0.

If I was looking at the picture above and guessing what would be my favorites, I would guess the brightest pink and purple ones (which are Peachypolish and Makeupwithdrawal, respectively). I like those two, but somehow in person they don't live up to what I thought they'd be from looking at the bottles. In reality, I feel like Bubblegum Punk is pretty clearly the winner here, because I love that polish an extra extra lot. However, I'll show you the rest of my shortlist, too:
L-R: Bubblegum Punk, Scrangie 2.0, Locavore, Small Dim Summer Stars. Except huh, I didn't put Pretty Gritty in this picture, I don't know what I was thinking. Pretty Gritty was my favorite polish of 2015 - here's the post on that. I've talked about B'gum Punk pretty recently, too, so I'm not going to try to swatch again or anything. Let's call it Bubblegum Punk #1, Pretty Gritty #2, and Locavore #3. It seems silly to have any more than three favorites out of only 10. Of course this is RBL we're talking about and RBL was pretty extraordinary. (I'll just say that Scrangie 2.0 and Small Dim Summer Stars are honorable mentions, though, and leave it at that.)

I took a picture of some of the labels, which is something I've been doing lately. I don't know if anybody else cares about label pictures but I usually think they're sort of interesting.
All of my RBLs have white labels except the one pictured here; Scrangie has a red one and I'm not sure what that's supposed to tell you. I did learn something from this, though, and that's that RBL bottles are only 0.4 ounces. I had it in my head they were 0.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment