Sunday, May 28, 2017

All Wrapped Up (and other China Glaze microglitters)

I showed swatches of these three before (in my China Glaze favorites) but I thought I'd talk a little more about them - this is Put A Bow On It, All Wrapped Up, and This Is Tree-mendous:
They seem to be exactly the same formula in three different colors. They're almost like super-sparkly textures, although I think in this case they're meant to be worn with top-coat. You could certainly wear them without if you wanted to.

If I'd been more organized, I would have gotten the swatches in the same order as the bottles, or vice versa, but that's just not how I roll. Anyway, they are respectively a blurple, a sort of a blackened berry pink, and a medium green. The green is lighter than most holiday glitters you see around. All Lacquered Up says it has a clear base where the other two don't, and that makes sense because it's quite a bit more sheer.

Speaking of disorganized, I still am having trouble finding all the pictures I took, but here's All Wrapped Up:
It's very much balanced on the knife-edge of blue and violet. I carried it around my house looking at it in different lights, and I still couldn't decide if it was blue or purple. Sometimes it looks like one, sometimes the other. (Added: note that while it looks pretty purple here - at least on my monitor - I had done a previous swatch on this where it looks much more blue.)

No comments:

Post a Comment