Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Matte Velvet

A not-so-great iPhone picture of Posh (with topcoat):
It''s not actually a terrible picture, but Posh-with-topcoat is utterly gorgeous and this fails to capture anything unusual about it - except that it didn't chip immediately, which actually in my experience of bright reds is pretty extraordinary in itself! I put it on Friday night and this picture was taken Saturday at lunchtime; right now as I write this it's Monday night and it has some very minor chips but it still looks pretty good. I used Zoya's own basecoat, Get Even, but I don't own any Zoya topcoat so I used Butter London PDQ. And it is shiny and gorgeous, with a depth to it which is what makes it really extraordinary. I almost didn't put topcoat on it, because it's pretty without. But I'm glad I did.

So since it was only a little bit chipped, I decided to patch it up and put some glitter on top of it. I used Be Merry, Be Bright, which I believe I said the last time I put it on seemed more like a Valentine's Day polish than a Christmas one. And it looks really pretty over Posh. I'll try to get a picture later.

No comments:

Post a Comment