Monday, February 24, 2014

Nail wheel overflow, part 2

I posted a picture of part of this nail wheel over a month ago, but at the time I didn't have pictures of the rest, so here that is. This is actually the first of several overflow nail wheels that I've accumulated since I started trying to swatch everything. Hopefully I will catch up before too long - I'm not buying stuff that fast!

As usual, the writing on it is a mess but I do have a handy guide to what it says:
  1. Rainforest (Colorstay)
  2. Grass Stains (Orchid)
  3. Topaz (Revlon Chroma)
  4. Walker Bait (Dollish Polish)
  5. Slightly Unstable, 2 coats (Paint Box Polish)
  6. Gray's Anatomy (Wet n Wild)
  7. Black in Mirrors, 2 coats (Color Show)
  8. Black in Mirrors, 1 coat
  9. Slick Black (SH Triple Shine)
  10. Elderberry, 1 coat (Nail Pattern Boldness)
  11. Deadly Nightshade over 2 coats Black in Mirrors
  12. Deadly Nightshade (Dollish Polish)
  13. Alcatraz... Rocks (1 coat) (OPI)
  14. Rid of Me (Nostalgic)
  15. Azure (SH LustreShine)
  16. Vanity Flare (SH Triple Shine)
  17. Vice (Urban Decay)
  18. Fig (Sinful Colors)
  19. Kaboom, 3 coats (Salon Perfect)
  20. Patricia (Nostalgic)
(detail pics after the jump)
This is 19, 20, 1, and 2 - I think I was trying to put the greens together!
(19) is the Floam dupe from Salon Perfect, which I wanted to get just because it's fun and they're not making Floam any more, right? or the original maker isn't, anyway. I know Ninja Polish has it listed on their website but it's never in stock. Anyway, I called it a green, but I don't think it really is, the combination of colors just makes it look green from a distance - sort of cyan blue and chartreuse matte bits. I don't know how much I'll really wear it, but it's fun. Then (20) is Nostalgic Patricia, which is a St. Patrick's Day polish and has been marked down on their website for ages, either they made a ton of it or people are inexplicably failing to snap it up, or both. (1) is Revlon Rainforest, a microglitter which I adore, and (2) is an Orchid that I sent to Karen after I swatched it here - in fact, here is a picture of it in her hand right here (and there are more swatches there too).

3-6:
Topaz (3) is the Chroma duochrome, which I was really not blown away by but it is pretty. Walker Bait (4) looks gray against these brighter greens, but it's not, and it's lovely. (But I shouldn't torture you, it's very much unavailable. I've heard enough wailing about it that it makes me tempted sometimes to put mine up for sale on eBay!) (5) is the Bellatrix polish in a Harry Potter-themed series (I think "slightly unstable" is entirely too mild a term for Bellatrix, though) - and apparently it is also sold out, although some of the others are still available. And (6) is WnW Gray's Anatomy, a lovely sheer gray with some duochrome flash, which I have used for a syrup mani with nice results.
7-10:
I'm not sure why I felt it was necessary to do it this way, but (7) is 2 coats of Black in Mirrors, from the Brocades collection, and (8) is one coat. (9) is Slick Black, another one of the Triple Shine colors - I didn't write it down, but I'm thinking this is 2 coats - and (10) is one coat of Elderberry from Nail Pattern Boldness.

11-14:
I did these a couple of months ago, and that's why I keep writing things like, "I'm not sure what possessed me..." to put Deadly Nightshade on top of Black in Mirrors, but evidently that's what I did, and it looks pretty interesting, really. That's (11) - and (12) is Deadly Nightshade by itself. (13) is good old Alcatraz... Rocks which I think everybody in the world must own already, but well, I do, too, and I like it. Blue texture, colored sparkle, there's really nothing else like it. And (14) is another Nostalgic, which, like the other one, is still available on their website. It is also awesome, I really like all of their polishes that I've tried.

15-18:
(15) LustreShine Azure is almost a royal blue, or maybe it's more of a dark periwinkle, but either way I don't have many polishes that color. Vanity Flare (16) is a nice red-violet, almost that notorious Radiant Orchid that's so big this year. Vice (17) is something in the eggplant range, and Fig (18) is a purple-toned red or burgundy. (Note that there is also a Hard As Nails Fig, as I recall, but this is the Sinful Colors one.) And that brings us back around to where we started.

No comments:

Post a Comment