(Note: If you want to see some crazy Mardi Gras manicures, do a search on Pinterest. There are tons.)
So, we're looking for Emerald-ish greens - pull them out for Mardi Gras, leave them out for St. Patrick's Day - plus royal purples and golds. Often you see this as just a yellow-gold color, but I prefer the metallic kind, and I have lots of that stuff. (Interestingly, I didn't actually own many golds at all until lately, but since last summer or so I have been steadily acquiring more and more.)
I was actually intending to go through this in one entry but see below, it got a little involved, so this is only the greens. I think this is going to have to be a series. So golds and purples will come on Wednesday, unless that one gets too excessively long, too, and then I'll go one more day!
There are some green possibilities in that overflow wheel I just posted. Rainforest in particular is maybe a little dark, but you could make it work. And it is (to my knowledge, at least!) available all over.
And then there's stuff from my original green wheel:
(Note: here's an Amazon seller with Emerald City for $14.99. I think paying that much for it would be a bit extreme, though!)
Here's some more possibilities:
I think the L.A. Colors might be current.
More from that same wheel:
Here's a preview of another nail wheel with my more recent purchases and a bunch more greens:
(10) Zoya Chita (Pixie Dust)
(11) ModLacquer Chupacabra - this one is pretty great for this purpose, if you can get your hands on it
(12) ModLacquer Goblin (a duochrome)
(13) Rococo Darkest Emerald (which to my mind is too blue for this purpose, but again, would probably pass in a pinch)
(14) China Glaze Agro (one of the original Hunger Games polishes, but Amazon still had it the last time I looked)
(15) Rimmel Rags to Riches - a Lasting Color which my local stores have taken off the shelves, but which is probably still findable
I'm sure there are other suitable greens in the stores, but hopefully this will give you some ideas about what's out there, if you're in need of a Mardi Gras green. And I'll try to get some golds and purples together for later this week!