Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The end of the stash project

It occurs to me that that title might be misleading - this is the end of this stash project, the one that I started on New Year's Day and blithely thought would be done in a few days. Well, it's done now, at least. More or less. Although that's misleading, too (maybe I'm misleading myself, mostly) because actually it's just part of a larger project - now I get to sort everything by color again and I suspect that you are going to get more photos as I do that. But here are - hopefully! - all the brands that you haven't already seen.

(To explain for those who haven't been following along the whole time: I had my polishes sorted by color, but then I decided, "Oh, I'll sort them by brand just so I can see them that way," but then once I did that I started taking pictures and dawdling around, and now it's six weeks later and I'm finally done with that, and now I'm sorting them back by color again, because I don't really like them by brand! Yeah, slightly crazy, I know. Partly I think it's that I forget how many polishes I have now and how complicated it gets doing any sort of resorting project - and also I'm just a color junkie.)

This is assorted non-US brands (because calling them "foreign" sounds silly to me):
Pretty Serious Party by the Pool; Glitter Gal Lizard Belly; Picture Polish Violet Femme, Jade Echarpe de Seda (gorgeous red holo); Essence Colour and Go Ultimate Pink and Break Through; Pixi Evening Emerald; Layla CE61 (aka Ipanema Girl). I didn't deliberately sort these by country, but they are together by region, anyway: Pretty Serious, Glitter Gal, and Picture Polish are all Australian brands; Jade is Brazilian; and the bottom row is all European brands. Essence is German, Pixi is British, and Layla is Italian. (I know Ulta carries Essence, and Target is now carrying Pixi, but as far as I know you can't get Layla or any of the top-row ones in a big U.S. retailer thus far. It's probably only a matter of time!)

More brands that I only own one of:
Urban Decay Vice; Khroma Fairy Dust; Sonia Kashuk Starry Night.

Cover Girl:
I never have bought any of the larger size Outlast ones. All I have is the three Glosstinis: Seared Bronze, Pyro Pink (those two from the last Hunger Games collection) and Sangria. Then I have the  one other one which I talked about the other day in the entry about older polishes, and that's Gold Dust.

The new Maybelline Color Show line has caught on with me much more than either the new Cover Girl or the new L'Oreals have, so far - especially the Brocades, which I wish I'd bought more of.
L-R: Magenta Mirage, which is a Shredded (aka crackle); Tenacious Teal; my two Brocades, Black in Mirrors and Amethyst Couture; and my one remaining old-style Maybelline, Two-Timer Stars - which I think I got from Karen, meaning none of my old Maybellines have survived this long. I used to have several. At least in this picture you can see that Amethyst Couture IS amethyst-toned, because sometimes it's hard to tell.

This is what I call the Rite-Aid group, because we don't have Rite-Aids in Texas and to my knowledge none of these brands are available anywhere around here. I bought all of these in Ohio last year.
Petites in Blackberry; Hedy's Ma.nish.ma. 'stoned' in Ramblin' Red and Dusty Spring Fields; Jesse's Girl in Glee. (There are also the Julie G Gumdrops, which would properly belong with this group, except that they were in another picture a while back.)

And bringing up the tail end - I almost forgot to take a picture of them - is my little collection of L'Oreals:
Jet Set Departure and Nightlife; Jet Set Shine Hasty; and my only new-formula one, Jolly Lolly from the Gellies collection last summer. I used to have a lot of L'Oreals - I was very partial to Jet Set in particular - but these three are the only older ones that survived this long. (When I only had a dozen or so polishes, I used to go through them very fast!)

And yay! That's that. I have already started doing some rearranging into color categories, but I'm going to take my time a bit with that and look at the nail wheel and see if I can get things arranged better by underlying color this time and not just what they look like in the bottle! So it may take me a while. (I'm sure nobody's holding their breath.)

No comments:

Post a Comment