Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Rags To Riches, Chimera

This is Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Rags To Riches and Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Chimera:
I should have shown Chimera next to Rock Candy, which is the texture that's above it, because they're very similar in tone. Chimera is the top one of the two that are pointing at the bottle, and Rags to riches is under it. They're both sort of vaguely-metallic, lighter greens. Chimera seems to lean slightly blue, and is more definitely metallic. I think Rags To Riches was probably aiming for "dollar-bill green" - it's more towards a spring green, maybe even slightly olive. I can't honestly say I have worn either of these a whole lot. I had it in my head that I would love Chimera but it's a bit paler than I like, and RtR is a bit too yellow-leaning. And maybe that's just me - or maybe that's why neither of these are current colors. (In fact I don't see nail polish on Rimmel's US website at all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment