Saturday, August 6, 2016

Zuza, East Village

This is Zoya Zuza and NYC (In a NYC Minute) East Village:
We're kind of in that never-never-land of nebulous blue-greens. (I've seen this kind of lighter blue-greens called "mermaid colors" and I like that term because it's vague enough not to pin you down on exact shades, but it still conjures up the right idea.) Anyway, it's clear that East Village is a little bluer and Zuza is a little greener. East Village is very sheer, as I recall (looks like this is three coats, on my wheel) and a bit shimmery. Zuza is super-shimmery. These are both colors that I feel like are too light to be terribly flattering with my (super-pale) skin-tones, so I tend to wear them layered over slightly darker colors, which helps with that. Zuza in particular is really, really pretty, though. (Actually it's not that East Village is not pretty, it's that dealing with its sheerness annoys me. All those coats!) (added: I wore Zuza alone after doing this post, and I don't know why I thought it was too light, before. It looked just fine on me.)

It's late and I don't feel like checking, but I believe these are both current colors. I looked at NYC's colors not long ago and the "In a NYC Minute" line didn't look like it had changed at all from what it was a couple of years ago. And I'm pretty sure this is a fairly popular Zoya color so I would think it would still be around too.

(Added: I am in fact right about that: Zuza, East Village. What I'm not sure about is where you buy NYC these days - Target, maybe?)

No comments:

Post a Comment