Thursday, August 4, 2016

NOTD: Destash (+ Sephora-related topics)

I have several things to talk about, but I don't have pictures for a couple of them, so I'm going to talk about the one I have a picture for first, because we all know nobody will read a blog post without a picture in it:
This is a small-size Sheer Transformation that is currently still available from Sephora, in a cute holiday box so presumably it's left over from last year. It's marked down to $10 from $14, and I have bought two of these, because I like this and I decided it's a pretty good deal at that price. (It's cheaper per ounce than even the big 3-oz. size, which is $65.) I had a previous sample of this in a Play! box but it was half this size - i.e., only 0.25 oz. This was the stuff which I was talking about in this entry, that was my original inspiration for the mix-your-own-foundation thing. (I now have enough self-mixed foundation to last me a couple of years, though, so I probably will just use these as regular moisturizer.) (Note that the usual caveat about sale items applies, and these may disappear from Sephora's site at any time. Sephora's like a fast-fashion place that way sometimes.)

I also got samples of Clinique Pep Start eye cream at the same time, and that's because I have Sephora points to spare, and that's because I didn't get a Sephora Play box this month because they "oversold" it. They gave me 500 Sephora points instead, and I'd just as soon have the points as a bronzer I won't use, anyway. (I'm the only person in the world who doesn't use bronzer, it seems sometimes.) So I used the 200 points I already had on two samples of that eye cream, which I already knew I liked.

And then the NOTD that I don't have pictures of is Destash, which is really beautiful but I just couldn't get a decent picture of. In the pictures it just looked red, but it's not - it's fuchsia jelly with a very strong blue glass-fleck shimmer. (My swatches of that are here.) For a jelly it's pretty opaque, too - if you don't mind some VNL you could probably get away with one coat. I used two.


No comments:

Post a Comment