Monday, August 29, 2016

Ivanka, Emerald City

This is Zoya Ivanka and SH Xtreme Wear Emerald City:
You know how I kept talking about how other colors that call themselves "emerald" aren't? I'm pretty sure that partly got started in my head because of this $2.21 polish right here. (That's how much Xtreme Wear used to cost at my grocery store, back in 2009 or so, anyway. I don't think it was much more than that the last time I checked, either.) In my head, this is the emerald color of Emerald City, although if you do a search for it you'll probably find it's actually varying shades of green. I think the color of Ivanka could be considered a paler emerald-color, as well - Zoya does actually call it that, although in its picture, Ivanka looks much darker than my bottle is. Ivanka is paler than I expected and a gorgeous shimmery metallic. Emerald City is just shimmery. (I'm pretty sure that Emerald City is discontinued, but Ivanka is current.)

Added: more on Ivanka here.

No comments:

Post a Comment