Friday, June 16, 2017

Skincare scams

I bought some skincare products online that turned out to be from a scam company. I feel like I should have known better. They sell you samples, which arrive and are nicely packaged and seem to be perfectly legitimate, good-quality skin cremes, which I guess is to lull you into thinking everything's okay - then they bill you for a large amount of money and point to some fine print somewhere that you allegedly agreed to get a monthly shipment. I certainly missed that part, but I got billed anyway for two charges of about $90. The label on my products says Lunaluxe but I gather that their names are ever-changing and they just hop from one brand-name to another constantly. My bank seems to know about them already because they put a hold on one of the transactions and alerted me about the other one, so it could have been a lot worse, I guess.

I've been ordering stuff online forever - I was a really early adopter of online shopping, and I've so rarely had serious problems that I clearly got a little bit... complacent? or maybe a better word would be sloppy.... about this. I'm going to be a lot more careful, and I just wanted to get a warning out there to everybody else who might be tempted. I guess with the aging population and all, skin cremes are a big target for scammers. So be aware!

(See, that's what I get for letting somebody besides Sephora get my skincare dollars, I guess. At least Sephora doesn't send you things you didn't order.)

No comments:

Post a Comment