Sunday, July 31, 2016

NOTD: Yuki-onna over No-Buy

When last heard from on the manicure front, I was wearing No-Buy, the red with gold shimmer. It's really, really pretty, but it did chip a bit after several days (I'm fudging there because it was a week or so ago and I've lost track of what I did what day, quite honestly) and so I did my usual thing, I patched it up and slapped something else on top of it to make it last longer. And I used Yuki-onna, the Pretty Serious top-coat that I bought at the same time I bought No-Buy.

You can see my slapped-together patch job pretty clearly if you look close, but you can also see how pretty Yuki-onna is, without changing the color of the polish much. (Although I have to say the gold shimmer part of No-Buy was pretty much unnoticeable by this point.) Like so many of my manis, this doesn't stand up to photographic scrutiny very well, but in real life it looked fine. And that's what I care about.

I have a bunch of these whitish top-coats (for example Alpha Nail and Travel In Colour), because I seem to adore them. But most of them have some sort of hidden shifty color to them. My two examples have shifty blue-to-violet bits (Alpha Nail) and a wholesale pink shift (Travel In Colour) - but Yuki-onna, as far as I can tell, doesn't go there at all. Yuki-onna is just white (and, you know, transparent and a bit glittery and slightly pearlescent, too). So that's nice, because it's different from what I already had. Note that it is also quite a bit more expensive than your average PS polish - I assume that has to do with the ingredients. I think I will enjoy playing with it a lot, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment