Wednesday, December 7, 2016

NOTD: Kiko 278 over Purple Fiction

As usual, I didn't really clean this up properly before I took the pictures, but these are the only pictures I've got and it's too late now to take more! I had a long weekend off from work and I decided to try out China Glaze Purple Fiction.
I probably wasn't being super-careful with this, but it was also a bit balky going on. This is two coats and it's not as smooth as I would have liked, but it's pretty. I went ahead and wore this for most of a day, but this was when I was obsessing about my new Kiko polishes and eventually it occurred to me that one of the Kiko polishes, #278, was almost exactly the same color with a different finish. So of course then I had to put that on top:
Instead of Purple Fiction's metallic finish, now it's all shimmery. I like this combination a lot. (Although I'm not sure you can tell the difference that much with these pictures!) Unfortunately, I didn't top-coat it again - there was Seche Vite on top of the original Purple Fiction mani and I thought that'd be enough - and when I washed my hair it got messed up. So now I've started over and I've got Nails Inc Superfood Base Coat on my nails and I'm trying to decide what I'm wearing next. It might be another Kiko or it might be Zoya (because my Black Friday order from them has now arrived as well) or, actually, it could be another China Glaze, because I also still haven't tried Pearl Jammin' - I'll report back on that later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment