Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Candidates for 2016 favorites

I do something a little different with my "favorites of the year" posts - I allow myself a slightly wider field to choose from than most people. Any polish is eligible that I wore for the first time in 2016. It doesn't have to have been released then.

So the list below is everything I could find that I wore for the first time in 2016 (including a couple I wasn't 100% sure about). I've mostly only been doing my nails once a week, all this year, and I haven't bought as many new polishes as the last few years, so I may not have as many candidates, but I haven't counted to compare. Last year I remember doing a top 10 for the first half of the year, and another top 10 for the second half, so I had a "shortlist" of 20 polishes. I do have a shortlist this year, too, but it's less than 20. I may end up with a top 10 and some honorable mentions, I haven't quite decided yet.

But meanwhile here's the long version. I'll get the shorter one up later in the week.

Alphabetically by name (with link to NOTD pic if there is one):
278 - Kiko
Alexa Lace - Nails Inc
Alice - Zoya
All Night Long
Aster - Zoya
Baphomet's Berserker - PS
Black Diamond - PS
Bronze Foliage - Virago
Cor Blimey - Butter L.
Cosmic - Formula X
Desert Storm - Square Hue
Destash - PS
Dream - Zoya
Excuse Me I Blurpled - KBShimmer
Explosive - Formula X
Fossil of the Death Worm - PS
Frogtown - Pretty Serious
Give Me Space - OPI
Hotel Particulier - Lancome
Ivanka - Zoya
Lake Louise - Square Hue
Leia - Zoya
Locavore - RBL
Makeupwithdrawal - RBL
Maya - Zoya
Merida - Zoya
No-Buy - PS
Odette - Zoya (with topper here)
Poltergeist Puddle - Pretty Serious
Purple Fiction - China Glaze
Small Dim Summer Stars - RBL
Sparkling Garbage - Orly
Starry-Eyed For Dear Daniel - OPI
Starry Starry Night (new version) - Essie
State Of The Art - Formula X (under Glee here)
Thea - Zoya (Magical Pixie Dust)
Verismo - Jin Soon
Vintage - Orly
Vogue - Square Hue
We'll Never Be Royals - Color Club
Who Ya Gonna Call? - Salon Perfect

(The pictures are a little gallery of things I bought or was given in 2016, whether they're actually on this list or not.)



















1 comment: