Monday, December 19, 2016

Hot Couture

This is Color Club Hot Couture:
There are two polishes on this wheel that look pretty much alike, but this is the lighter one of the two, the one that's pointing straight at the bottle. (I double-checked the wheel pictured here to make sure, but I had it right - the darker one is Gettin' Dirty With Disco Sally.) I think basically these two have very similar formulas - they're very fine-milled holo/iridescent glitters* with pink bases. One's darker and one's a bit lighter; one's an indie and the other is Color Club, a mainstream brand, but they seem to be very much alike at the core, just the same.

* I look at glitters like this and think "holo glitter!" but I think these may not be, actually - they're just regular glitters with some iridescence. They're not as flashy as a true holo glitter.

Hot Couture looks quite different with something underneath it, though. This is an old NOTD picture from 2015 and it's over Square Hue Gibson Girl, a pale pink:
Even though there's actually some color to this, as you can see in the first picture above, it fades out almost entirely in this picture and really just looks much like a clear glitter.

Availability: I don't think it's a current color, but Head2Toe Beauty lists it as still in stock, so I imagine you can find it other places as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment