Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Empty samples

I don't save up my empty bottles and show them once a month like some people do. Honestly, I don't usually have all that many empties. It's unusual for me to have this many all at once, but most of these are samples. I see two full-size items in here that I will point out. Most of this stuff came from Sephora but not necessarily every bit of it.
L-R:
  • Dr Brandt Needles No More, a wrinkle cream - I really liked this and I would buy more if it wasn't so expensive. $90 is right out of my price range, though. For this kind of thing, maybe I need to look and see what they have at the drugstore!
  • Lancome Energie de Vie - I think it must be this because it was definitely a liquid. I was not at all sure about the liquid formula - it's much more runny than your average moisturizer - but once I got used to it, I really liked it. Probably out of my normal price range, though, again.
  • Bliss Soapy Suds in Lemon+Sage - I'm pretty sure I bought this in a little gift set (with a body butter) from Sephora, but they don't seem to have it now. It smells lovely (it's right in my citrus/green-smelling wheelhouse that I've talked about lately) - Kohl's actually has it on sale for $9 for 16 oz. right now which is pretty reasonable, but really I don't usually pay that much for body washes, either. (Still, if I was to walk in Kohl's and see it for that price I'd be likely to cave, I admit.)
  • Benefit You're Bluffing - I think I bought this at Sephora but I'm not entirely sure. It's full-size and it seems to be discontinued. It's a yellow color-correcting stick which I had to have bought years ago; it wasn't completely empty, but I thought about when I must have bought it and decided it definitely needed to be discarded. I like this stuff pretty well but everybody makes color-correcting products like this nowadays. (And anyway, Benefit and I are kind of on the outs these days because they keep discontinuing my favorite blushes.)
  • Bumble & bumble Don't Blow It - ok, I love this. This is probably the thing out of these samples that I'm most likely to purchase again, even though it's not cheap. That brand has a way of reeling me in. I don't blow-dry my hair (I do own a hairdryer but I pull it out maybe twice a year) so a styling product made for air-drying is just right up my alley.
  • Living Proof Night Cap, an overnight hair mask - I like this enough that I would consider buying it again, at some point. I have another hair mask sample that I haven't tried yet, from Christophe Robin, but it's considerably more expensive than this one. This was a very generous sample, you may notice. I couldn't figure out how far you were meant to make it go - I may have used too much of it at once. But it did make my hair feel really good, in any case.
  • Lip Tar (full-size, I think) in Lydia - I bought this from Sephora almost two years ago - it was the first thing I bought when I got Sephora Flash. It was a set and I mostly bought it because I wanted to try out Lip Tar. (If I remember right, the whole set was about the price of one single tube.) Two years ago Lip Tar was still the hot thing but I haven't seen anybody talk about it in a while. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. I have gradually come to think that matte lips just aren't my thing, anyway. Sephora seems to have stopped selling OCC products since then, but I know they're still around.
  • And the last thing is lip samples - I want to say that it's one of those oil-balm formulas - aha, I see it here - it's YSL Rouge Volupte. I like the formula but it's very sheer, I can't see paying that kind of price for it. (Or, hell, for any lipstick. There are too many good ones that are cheaper.)

No comments:

Post a Comment