Monday, October 17, 2016

Falloween

Here we have a rare glitter fail, in my opinion - this is Glitzology Falloween:
I got this from somebody's blog sale, so I didn't pay a lot for it. To my knowledge Glitzology isn't around any more, so I feel slightly less bad than I would slamming a polish brand that was still out there trying to sell their stuff. (Note that I wouldn't hesitate to be honest about it if I thought a polish company had continuing problems, like bad service or a terrible formula or something, but that's not the case here. This is just one polish that I don't care for.) As far as I know Glitzology was a perfectly good indie polish company - I used to see their polishes around and thought they were cute, I know - but man, the more I look at it the more I realize that I really hate this polish. Hate, hate, hate (with a venom that surprises me). I thought it looked really cute in the bottle, but I've had it for a couple of years now and I kept not wearing it and then this year when I did the swatches I finally had to admit to myself that I just do not like this polish.

I piled up the two nail wheels on top of each other for this picture so that you could see the two swatches next to each other - over orange and over brown. I have to say the brown one looks better just because you can see a lot less of it. Overall, I'd say the main problem is the bar glitter - I am not a fan. But the glitter mix doesn't seem especially attractive, either. I usually like these kind of mixed holiday glitters, at least as a once-a-year novelty, but this one just does not do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment