Wednesday, October 26, 2016

NOTD: Bat My Eyes

This is the only Halloween polish that I've ever said this about: it's almost too elegant for Halloween.
I talked about this polish not long ago and said complimentary things about it then, as I recall. I really do love it. And it is Halloween-appropriate; don't get me wrong about that. It's something you might could imagine Morticia Addams wearing it if she was in an especially festive mood. It's a blackened gold glitter, but it also seems to have scattered flakes of something more orange or bronze.

Added: I forgot to say that this is two coats, no top-coat, in the picture. Late last night I added 2 coats of Gelous just mostly to smooth it out. It's quite textured on its own. Even after the two coats of Gelous it's not completely smooth, but it's close enough that it doesn't bother me. I was toying with the idea of mattifying it, but so far I haven't. I'll report back if I do.

As I said then, Bat My Eyes (from China Glaze) is apparently available for the Halloween season again this year. Go forth and get one of your own; you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment