Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Posh, Red Baroness

This is Zoya Posh and Vinylux Red Baroness, both of which could be called special-formula polishes:
Posh is a Matte Velvet; Red Baroness is the Vinylux (that is, no-LED "gel") version of a CND Shellac color. I had worn the shellac version once and thought it was gorgeous, but unfortunately the Vinylux version fails to deliver the same oomph. I guess people who've had a shellac mani may know what I mean, but the Shellac version just had this transparency and light to it, even though it wasn't actually transparent, and I couldn't take my eyes off of it. This one just seems like a normal red.

The funny thing about the Matte Velvets, and this is true of all the ones I have - I think I have maybe five of them - is that they are pretty with their matte finish, but they're even prettier with top-coat, because they are loaded with shimmer which doesn't show up that well without top-coat. I believe the shimmer in this one is fuchsia. These are LE and aren't currently available, but Zoya has re-released them several times during the holidays, so if you're interested keep an eye out next fall.

Added: Here's a Posh mani with topcoat, from 2014. And here's ALU's swatches of several of the Matte Velvet colors. (Actually I have all four that she talks about there, plus Harlow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment