Thursday, May 5, 2016

Departure, Pink Pineapple

I think I've run out of dark reds, finally, so we're on to pinks. I don't have a lot of super-pale pinks but I've amassed a few assorted pale-to-medium things over the years. This is Jet-Set Departure and Revlon Parfumerie in Pink Pineapple. Note that I wrote "China Flower" on the wheel, but that's the only other polish I have from this line. This is definitely not China Flower.
Departure is about the only true mauve I have in my collection. I'm not sure how long I've had this polish - possibly 8-10 years, I'm thinking. I used to be really into L'Oreal Jet-Set and Revlon Top Speed and I used to have a bunch of them, but most of them are long gone - when I only had a small collection of polishes I went through them very fast! I know L'Oreal doesn't use this bottle style any any more, and I guess they have also discontinued Jet Set altogether. (Here's their nail polish page.)

Pink Pineapple is presumably pineapple-scented, although I don't remember noticing it when I swatched it. Maybe it only is noticeable after it dries? (That seems to be what this page is saying.) I do know that the scents haven't ever bothered me on these polishes. This is just a nice, very pale pink creme. I tend not to wear such things much - I should try layering it or something! (Also I think these bottles are adorable, for what that's worth.)

Notes: 
Swatches of Pink Pineapple and several other Parfumie shades here.

No comments:

Post a Comment